Steps to Getting Started at MHCC
How to Become an MHCC Student
Pro Tip: When you decide to go to college, the first thing to consider is how you will pay for school. If you are applying for financial aid you want to complete the FAFSA/ORSAA mhcc.edu/ApplyingFinAid. Also, be sure to explore other ways to cover costs including scholarships, employer reimbursement opportunities, unemployment incentives, etc. If you are paying out of pocket, a community college like Mt. Hood is a great option for a high quality education at a reasonable price. MHCC also offers interest-free payment plans to eligible students.
1. Apply for Admission
Complete the application at mhcc.edu/Apply. You will receive a “Welcome” email with your MHCC Student ID, password, and instructions on what to do next.
2. Determine Your Course Placement (in Reading, Writing & Math)
- New students:
- If you graduated from high school within the last 7 years, complete the High School History Form. Log in using your MyMHCC credentials to view and submit the form.
- If you graduated more than 7 years ago, please email email@example.com or call 503-491-7591 to learn what options are available for determining your course placement.
- Transfer students: Send us your official college transcripts from other schools. After you submit your transcript, request a Transfer Evaluation.
3. Make a Plan with an Adviser
4. Register for Classes
Log in to MyMHCC and register at my.mhcc.edu
- Note: Log in instructions are included on the main page as well as a “how to register" video.
- Need more help? Use our “live chat” also found on the main MyMHCC page!
5. Set Up Student Email and Online Access Tools
Now it’s time to set up the tools you will need to access your course materials online, communicate with instructors and fellow students and get help when needed.
- Student “Saints” Email - mhcc.edu/saintsemail
- Online Learning & Blackboard (login and support) - mhcc.edu/OnlineLearning
- Navigate (Chrome or Firefox only) view your personalized checklist, schedule advising appointments and more. Log in with your student ID number (username) & your birthdate - MMDDYY format (password)
6. Determine Which Textbooks You Need
Go to bookstore.mhcc.cc.or.us to order all of the books and required supplies that you need to succeed.
For more information, visit I'm registered for classes... Now what?