Journey-Level Card + Associate of Applied Science Degree Programs | mhcc.edu/Apprenticeship
Receive a paycheck and benefits while also earning college credits at MHCC
Individuals interested in apprenticeship training need to apply for the apprenticeship, just like applying for a job. Once accepted into an apprenticeship program, students receive a paycheck and benefits while also earning college credits at MHCC.
Mt. Hood Community College collaborates with multiple apprenticeship training centers
- Brick Masons
- Carpenters: Pacific Northwest Carpenters Institute
(Carpenters, Millwrights, Pile Drivers, Divers, Interior/Exterior Specialists, Scaffold Erectors, Drywall Finishers, Trade Show exhibition workers)
- Cement Masons
Portland/Metro Area: NECA/IBEW Electrical Training Center
Tangent, OR: Central Electrical Training Center
Central Point, OR: Crater Lake Electrical
North Bend, OR: Pacific Inside Electrical
- Glass Workers (Glaziers)
- Roofers, Waterproofers & Allied Workers
- Sheet Metal Workers
Earn An MHCC Associate Degree in Addition to the Journey-Level Card
- Transfer any credits from other colleges that you have attended. Do this by requesting that your other college(s) send an official transcript via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Mt. Hood Community College
Admissions & Records Office
26000 SE Stark Street
Gresham, OR 97030
- Complete and send a Graduation Application with a copy of your Journey-level Card and, if applicable, provide a copy of your DD214. At this time, transcripts that have been received will be evaluated. When MHCC receives your Graduation Application, the college will conduct a degree audit and let you know what courses, if any, you'll need to earn your degree. You can take these courses at MHCC - some online options are also available. Or they can be taken at another college and transferred in, if needed.
- Register for any needed classes. Prior to registering for a class, you may need to (re)apply for admissions and/or take a placement test. To apply or reapply, visit mhcc.edu/Admissions, and to learn about course placement visit mhcc.edu/CPT.
- Graduate with an AAS degree and launch your new career with confidence!