Business Cybersecurity Practical Implementation - Certificate
Certificate | mhcc.edu/cybersecurity
Dr. Wayne Machuca: 503-491-7631 | Room AC2776 | Wayne.Machuca@mhcc.edu
The purpose of this credential is to present fundamental business cyber security skills and structures common to most small and medium-sized businesses. This program is intended for individuals with basic computer awareness or have completed Business Computer Fundamentals. In this program, students will be exposed to general cyber security topics in an up-to-date and investigatory environment, learn the language of computer hackers, learn general network design techniques, and create a business plan for the inevitable hack event.
- Install a simple firewall
- Design a firewall implementation appropriate for a given business
- Demonstrate proficiency in a variety of cyber security issues
- Describe basic cyber security defense techniques based upon known attack profiles
- Using common tools, describe different computer hacking techniques
- Using common tools, perform a basic forensic analysis of a given computer
|CIS284S||Preparation for Security+ (Course offered online)||4|
|ISTM283F||Practical Digital Forensics||3|
The Business Cybersecurity Practical Implementation program is not financial aid eligible. However, the related degree program, Cybersecurity and Networking is aid eligible.
Course offered online
Cultural Literacy course