Business Computer Fundamentals - Certificate
Certificate | mhcc.edu/cybersecurity
Dr. Wayne Machuca: 503-491-7631 | Room AC2776 | Wayne.Machuca@mhcc.edu
The purpose of this credential is to present fundamental business cyber security skills and structures common to most small and medium-sized businesses. This program is intended for individuals with basic computer awareness. In this program, students will be exposed to general cyber security topics in an up-to-date and investigatory environment, learn the language of computer hackers, learn general network design techniques, and create a business plan for the inevitable hack event.
- Identify the major components of a computer system
- Describe how different computer components work together to make a system
- Describe the basic hardware and software (applications and operating systems) necessary to provide basic computer functionality
- Demonstrate proficiency using a common word processing software
- Demonstrate proficiency using a common spread sheets software
- Design and create a simple web site
|BT125||Microsoft Word Training (Course offered online) 1||3|
|CIS120||Computer Concepts I (Course offered online)||3|
|CIS125SS||Spreadsheets (Course offered online)||3|
|CIS197HTM||Web Authoring: HTML5 and CSS3 (Course offered online)||3|
The Business Computer Fundamentals program is not financial aid eligible. However, the related degree program, Cybersecurity and Networking is aid eligible.
Students may also take CIS125WP.
Course offered online
Cultural Literacy course